Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cactus in wilderness

PRETENDER
D-D. Farooq Hussain


Ah cactus survivor of Sahara desert
A snail that wondering under your shadow
Thirsty to fill your fresh water
Alas! You cactus stands strong in your deserted domicile.



In the midst of chances I beg u
This beggar snail to drop your sap on me
Just to cherish my few times with you, please do share
This tiny snail dig grave still, under your shadow.



Im glad u cactus lend me your shelter
For this short time it’s my only treasure
In this hallow sand you stand im lying
Im waiting to see you again..




In my hopeless hours I glance in your thorns
In my mind I give hope and in my face you draw smile
Cactus don’t pretend you don’t feel the heat of the sun
Would u be lonely if I left?
Did you cactus cry?
Alas! Cactus don’t pretend on me
wind can pierce your thorns..




By: Carie

No comments: